Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Columbia/Colombia

I realised today, after texting Cielo that I was spelling Colombia the country as Columbia, the university. A few weeks ago, I had all my hopes pinned on getting into a Master's programme at Columbia. I learnt I did not get in, and spent the next few days moping about. It felt like someone shot an arrow right into my chest, like a big THUMP and a WHUMP at the same time. Then the next day, I met a Colombian, at Ronnie Scott's when I was there with Ianthe. Feels funny thinking about it now (plus I can still recall the WHUMP at seeing the Columbia rejection letter, and all the subsequent sad feelings). Consolation out of all of this? I am now seeing the Colombian, drug lord jokes aside, and he's one of the nicest guys I've known. HEAVE a sigh of relief at not encountering another jackass, and at having given him a chance. The sweetest guy that makes me feel a bit melt-y inside.

Anyway him aside, I've got another lovely distraction. A distraction that is probably more all consuming than him. Right after I finished my dissertation, I went online and bought a bunch of cross-stitch sets. Yesterday after they came in the mail, I spent most of the afternoon working on a bookmark (that I intend to keep for myself), before rushing off to meet Joaquin. It's funny how I chose a Mackintosh design, especially after Ianthe and I practically skipped Glasgow, the origin of all this style of art deco. Spent a good portion of today working on it too.



Photo Booth blurry but, it's still a lovely work in progress.

No comments: