Friday, August 19, 2005

Hello hello, 'tis been a rather cough-y week.

Chem test on Wednesday. Ughh. Don't want to think of it now. I have a very bad feeling about it, especially the bit where I realised I screwed up big time one milisecond after the paper left my fingers.

Oh well.

Today Miss Bong bought the promised papers on the breakdown of our personalities.

The 5 groups are as follows:
Band A - Restless
Band B - Dreamer
Band C - Creative
Band D - Compliance
Band E - Standard

Now before I start on my own class, I also saw the report of the teachers when I was photocopying it (going to add it to my memories box (: ):
'Band E: majority of students fall into this catagory. Their profiles are either balanced or compatible with the current school system.' and on another sheet was the breakdown in percentages across the levels.

Sec 1 had about 4%, Sec 2 had around 1%, Sec 3 about 3% and Sec 4 had 1%

How fun.

On the bottom of the sheet there was this note in really tiny font.

'Majority of students are in Band D (53%) with 30% in Band A and 7% in Band B. Band D percentage is significantly below school (70%) and level (76%) average [ie: bad]. Band A percentage is much higher than the school average (17%) and level average (14%) [30% in my class]. Band B percentage is also higher than school (4%) and level (3%) average. This class should be a more "challanging" one to manage.'

In an interesting note, not one of my classmates is a Band E. I thought I'd be a Band A (restless) and was surprised when i found out that I was listed as Band B. When I read the descriptor for Band B (dreamer) I was so surprised that it mirrored me exactly >.<

Band B - Dreamer
Usually very creative and imaginative. Have weaker foundation in Mathematics and Science subjects. Also finds it difficult to comprehend logical reasoning and concepts. Dislikes rules and regulation or routines. Weak in organisation and time management skills.

Suggested learning approach:
Provide more motivation and encouragement. They will do their best for people or things that they like. Need explict examples to understand concepts. Enforce habit or routine in handling tasks.

And if you were wondering, Band C is 'A less extreme case of Band B: Dreamer'

Band A is equal to Band B is unteachability followed by the less extreme Band C then Band D and the noticibly (abnormally) missing Band E.

On the last bits of Nerd Geekson because I can't figure out a proper ending since the one I orginally planned was unfeasible and unrealistic (even for MY standards) but I might have a workable idea now.

Have a happy swelting night!

No comments: