Sunday, August 07, 2005

Hmm, just realised that I haven't posted in a week so I might as well continue the story of the RAT.

From where I left off, I was talking about my grandma trying to poison the rat, that night I slept on the floor in my parents room. The next morning she told me that the food hadn't been touched at all so I went back to sleep in my room as per normal.

All went well and we all assumed the rat had gone off for greener pastures (or dirtier rooms) till last Sunday.

I felt too sleepy to continue reading around 11:45-ish so I switched off the main overhanging light and snuggled down and tried to sleep.

5 Minutes later I heard a rustling of plastic bags (like the last time the rat was there) and I immidiately went on full alert.

One of my biggest fears is having weird stuff, insects, rodents the like jump on me. It's just this fear I have ever since I was 8 and having a shower early morning before school and a cockroach jumped on me. Stupid roach.

At first i thought the rustling was a fluke, maybe it wasn't a rat so I closed my eyes and tried to sleep again. Then almost as if on cue the bag started to rustle 5 mins later and this cycle repeated itself about 2 more times before I decided that I couldn't get any sleep with the rat making noise (well that and the fact that is was there).

Problem was I was terrified of the rat. Sure I'm 100x bigger than it, but it's like how elephants are afraid of mice. Then I remembered that it hadn't made noise when the lights were still switched on.

I had to get the lights on, but how?

Then I had an idea! But it seemed extremely silly. I sat upright on my bed and looked around my room and went "ROAR!"

I waited for a few more minutes before going "ROAR!" again till I gathered enough courage to scramble over the empty bed and grab this large flower that I bought when I was out with Stef and the others.

I ran over to the table lamp, fabric rose in hand and tilted the light till it shone right at the spot where I heard the rustling: the top of my cupboard. After roaring more times I ran to the door and switched on the main lights and ran out to my parent's room before finally moving all my stuff over.

Aaaaa, 11PM! I need to go sleep now. I hope there are no rats tonigh >.<

No comments: