Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ahh, what strange day yesterday was.

After finding out there was no chapel, all of us from 3B3 changed into our black class t-shirts to get ready for floorball. Ughhh.

First match was against 3B2, they were very nice and kept on apologizing during the game for no reason o.O they won, naturally.

The second match was against 3A3. Ow ow ow! They were so rough and freaky man, hitting the ball here there, everywhere and one girl unintentionally bashed her stick against my knee in an effort to hit the stupid hole-y ball.

What really took the cake was when the same girl (I think) whacked the ball so agressively that the ball flew up and smacked me right in the lips. Owwwww! My lips started to swell really big and became numb but I continued to play for the last 30 secs (they won, naturally).

I ended up having to go around with a bag of ice on my lips and sat out the last match (not because I was 'injured' though) it was the most inane and absurd expierence of my life with girls staring at me with my friends making fun of how 'sexy' my lips were. Ha ha ha.

Oh well, they're alright today though there's a little wound where the stupid ball impacted. 3A3 was so guilty that they apologized, though I can't imagine why they even felt guilty in the first place. It was an accident, was it not?

I also finally found out my SS+Hist mark: 60%, quite good considering it was the singularly least studied subject on my part, so that raises my overall percentage a wee bit, though I have a sneaky feeling my MSG (mean subject grade) is still a dismal, oil slick over the water-esque, C6.

Today we had christmas service and I volunteered to help collect the white gifts (money) for Faith and I walked around class after putting my donation inside. Wa lao eh! I was so disappointed when some just threw a bunch of coins in. I collected like, $20 of notes and around the area of $7 in coins.

Considering that I myself gave more than $2, and my class numbering at 30, that's pitifully little. Oh well, it's the thought (or lack of it) that counts, right? Right?

Then we had to rush off after the service to change into our outfits for the etiquette class, the theory was so excruciating because there was no food and my tummy was rumbling away. Ahhhh.

Everyone was happy when the food finally came (:

The view from the 33rd level of the OCBC building was really nice, though why one would want a building with such panoramic possibilites, but facing nothing but a bunch of capitalist (and one in the midst of being constructed) buildings obsecuring the view of Marina Bay, is far beyond my scope of reasoning. Adults are weird.

Oh yeah, I finished the HP6: The Half-Blood Prince finally! Took me 6 hours-ish to finish it :D But my thoughtful and kind friends enlightened me so much in the topics, twists and teasers of the novel that there was absolutely no surprise, suspense and scrutinising of the clues on my part. Pfffft. Morons and their spoilers.

Ah, I still need to find someone with the HP4: The Goblet of Fire that'll remember to bring the book to school and lend it to me :( Can't really complain since that's one thing that I've been guilty of far too many times, thought admittedly I'm often too lazy to walk upstairs to retrieve the book or simply do not want to lend it to the intended borrower.

I hope my friends (the ones I asked anyway) aren't doing the latter.

Have a nice rainy day!

No comments: