Sunday, December 04, 2005

I had the weirdest dream last night: That guide camp was about to start in 1 hour and I hadn't packed for it yet so I was running around my house trying to get EVERYTHING for it (that reminds me, 8. Pack for guide camp: oh and i've lost my list of things to bring >.<) and after a while I woke up. Then I went back to sleep again and had almost the same dream >.<

Aiyo.

Anyway last night as I was talking to Victor he mentioned the saying "Courage is not the absence of fear but the overcoming of one's fear in the face of adversity", well something to that effect anwyay, he ended up forgetting the last bit of the saying.

So I thought for a while what my fear was and realised that it was failing, failing at something that I had tried hard for and I decided that I'll take Chinese seriously now and get a C6. This way when I get older, I'll have no regrets that I didn't try at least and if I do suceed, I can wonderfull give myself the illusion that I CAN get into Oxford and Cambridge (you need at least a C in a language other than English to get into ANY course).

Maybe it's time for me to stop being such a pessimist in my academic studies and try hard for once (:

No comments: