Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I've been meaning to do this blog post for a long time, so hopefully I'll remember everything I wanted to blog about! Anyway for the longest time, I used to listen to mainstream music. That included Linkin Park (though I still don't think they're very bad), Michelle Branch to The Darkness, though I guess those are pretty alright compared to the rest of the shit that's on mainstream now.

I think what really made get fed up with the increasing frequency which rap and hip hop was playing on radio. I already disliked the genre enough without the shift to 'urban' music (HMV's name for it). Almost everday I would wake up to some shitty rap music being played. Ugh. What a way to start the day!

So towards the end of last year I started listening to jazz music. I always liked jazz, just that it never before took up such a large percentage of my listening time, so anyway towards the end of last year Ange also introduced me to Rilo Kiley's Portions for Foxes. At first I didn't really like it that much but after a while it grew on me. Also Suat introduced Adam Richman to me, which I was really crazy about too (:

Then I think beginning of this year, Stephanie introduced me to Mae's Embers and Envelopes, Jack's Mannequin's Dark Blue and some others which I didn't quite like as much as those above. Then when I was in a bad mood one day, Ange sent me Paramore's Brighter. Since I knew Steph and Ange both liked Panic! at the Disco and Ange liked OK Go I also went to listen to them. More recently I've been listening to Sterophonics, also partially recommended by Stephanie. This is of course such a change from the things I listened too last year.

I also went to the Kings of Convenience concert with Ange (: I still haven't bought their disc though, not enough money.

I also found some bands by myself like The Cardigans which I really adore, Silversun Pickups and The Afters! The song that keeps sticking in my head now it Silversun Pickup's Little Lovers So Polite

This year I also picked up Jap music, influenced a lot by Gundam Seed, hahaha! I downloaded the songs by the artists I liked the most like T M Revolution, HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, Rie Fu, Mika Nakashima, See Saw and Nami Tamaki. Of course HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR is my favourite band (:

Anyway I guess this blog post is mainly to give some credit to Ange and Stephanie for introducing me to such good music (:

The songs I love the most now are:
Mae
Suspension
The Everglow
Soundtrack For Our Movie
Ready and Waiting to Fall
Silversun Pickups
Little Lovers So Polite
See Saw
Kimi ga Ita Monogatari
Kimi wa boku ni Niteru
Anna ni Isshio datta no Ni
Rilo Kiley
Love and War
With Arms Outstretched
Capturing Moods
The Cardigans
And Then You Kissed Me
For What It's Worth*
Live and Learn*
You're the Storm
Good Morning Joan
Godspell
T M Revolution
Zips
Ignited
Invoke
Paramore
My Hero
Brighter
Never Let This Go
HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR
Pride (HAHAHA!)*
Enrai tooku ni aru Akari
Mizutama Ramune
Notice
A Place to Go
Run Run Run
Kuroageha Mau Oka
Tsumi
Here I Am
Houko Kuwashima
Shinkai no Kodoku*
Mica Arisaka
Life Goes On*
Nami Tamaki
Prayer
Reason
OK Go
Here it Goes Again
Hello My Treacherous Friend
A Million Ways to Be Cruel
Panic! At The Disco
I Constantly Thank God For Esteban
The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage
There's a Good Reason Why These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Figured it Out Yet

Okay I can't really think of anything else. Rah. The five songs I love the best are those with a '*' next to it (:

No comments: