Wednesday, November 22, 2006

No Anna today since I was out in the afternoon and had no time to talk to our dear AZN freak boy. Maybe he misses Anna or something. Anyway I went out for lunch with my grandparents and then went down to MOE because of the messed up PAE thing.

It was damn freaky! Like I hate talking to people and being out of my element. So anyway I was really scared and unsure of myself. I followed the directions to the customer service centre and I tried to walked past this guard and then he stopped me and said I couldn't go through and then my eyes were open really big in fear because I was afraid I had done something wrong. Ugh . I was also half afraid he'd tackle me to the ground and yell "Intruder alert!". Like what the hell? The thing was not clearly labelled and he saw me walking from afar but decided to stop me only after I had passed the 'entry' point.

Anyway he pointed me towards the guard post and by then I was super flustered and they asked for my IC so I took it out. Then I was waiting these two boys, also applying for PAE I guess came and stood next to me (the next lane) and they kept smiling at me and giving me the look (ie: the 'eh look at her!' look). I think it was because they could see my school name and all (I brought along my report book) added to the fact I felt damn malu. So anyway I ignored them and pretended I didn't notice them.

Then I passed the 'entry point' (Like WTF? Someone wants to kill all the MOE people over a mess up in the PAE? SIAO!) and I was about to walk into the centre when ths group of 3 men stopped me and asked me what I was doing there. Oh dearie, my plans to stab all you MOE people in cold blood has been foiled again -___________________-

Anyway I said "I'm here for the PAE?" and then one of them went "Eh look! She's from MGS (report book again)!", cue all of them gathering in a huddle and muttering unintelligible stuff to each other, making me go "?!?!?!" as I stood there watching them. Then one of them turned to me and went "Oh, please go in!" and pointed towards the door. Right... I was going to enter there before you stopped me.

I went to the girl at the counter and she was really nice (: Made me feel better after the first 2 weird encounters I had. Anyway she directed me to the right and after about 30 secs my number was called and woo hoo! I had this really hot look guy helping me ;) Hahaha anyway he looked a little young so I was surprised. He had a Chinese name so I forgot what it was. Anyway he was nice too but then the whole "MGS" thing started again with some other dude and some older woman being thrown into the fray. Wa lao, what is with this and MGS?!? So cue huddle - again. Bah.

Then the other guy came by and helped me instead and hot guy got whisked away to do something else. Anyway my math mark came up and filled out my form.

Last night I was trying to figure out what the heck to put because I only had a few options I wanted to choose. Then Chan told me to 'have fun' and Ianthe said she was going to add Hwa Chong to her list, so I did the same. LOL.

Anyway on the form it was all numbers and letters, so I figured it'd be okay. I filled out the form and gave it to the guy and he punched in all the numbers, then he showed it to me to confirm before printing out the sheet and to my horror the school names were there! Then he said "Is this all correct Melodie?" then I laughed at the school names being there and he was really confused and went "did I pronounce your name correctly?" Anyway the list was as follows:

1) Anglo-Chinese Junior College
2) Pioneer Junior College
3) Catholic Junior College
4) Yishun Junior College
5) Serangoon Junior College (last of normal choices)
6) St Andrew's Junior College
7) Victoria Junior College
8) Temasek Junior College
9) National Junior College
10) Anglo-Chinese School (I)
11) Hwa Chong Instituition
12) Raffles Junior College

LOL. So anyway I signed it trying to maintain a straight face. I don't think the guy noticed at all, HAHAHAHA!

Anyway when I was done I turned to leave and to my surprise I saw Shabana! I thought the only other person from our class who wanted to apply was Eleanor :/ Anyway I talked to her for a little and apparently she had the same 2 expierences as me before (security and huddling guys), hahaha.

Then I walked to Buona Vista MRT station and took a shuttle bus to NUH -.- Thanks to a certain Mr Lin I took the wrong bus and ended up at the Kent Ridge Wing and got lost for a while till I found my way to the correct ward.

I ended up spending most of my time playing with Amanda (the youngest child) and Ian so that Amanda would stop bothering her mum so Mrs Lin and Deb could get some peace. It was kind of fun and I did get to see Deb. She's in a lot of pain and has to use a lot of morphine :/ Poor kiddo! Pray for her alright? Even if you don't know her. She had an operation on her back because of her severe scoliosis.

No comments: