Monday, November 13, 2006

Today was Lit! For the first part I did the Anthem for Doomed Youth and The Solider poems. The Second part was on Snakecharmer and for the last opened ended question, I did on Pike. Wooo. My favourite poems! (Minus The Soldier). I wonder how I'll do since time was a huge constraint. Wasn't this paper 1hr 30 mins last time? Why is it 10 mins shorter now? Huh?

Anyway as usual I was majorly weak and in pain before the paper, tummy aches and all.

So this paper today really marks the end of all my major papers, the super stressful ones. So I went out. Um. Yes. I am insane. I still have Geog 1 and History on Wednesday and Friday respectivlely. I went out myself because my older friends would have scolded me, the ones my age would be studying and I doubt Vicky would like the watch the movie I watched. Anyway the movie was Days of Glory, the film I had earlier complained about not seing.

It was really good! Of course I wasn't just the only female around my age in that cinema (It was NC-16), I was the
only female in that cinema. During the course of the movie I kept thinking of The Soldier and Anthem for Doomed Youth. Lit lit lit! The sound system at The Picturehouse was pretty good too, during the motar attacks I could see the legs of my jeans vibrate.

The movie was quite sad and tragic. Like in their entire platoon? of men, only 1 guy survived. The French also censored letters from this character to his French lady because well, he was muslim. I thought that was really tragic too :/ There was also this 'cute' looking guy who played the only White guy in the platoon. He looks better without that shaggy 'do. He died sort of early. Also tragic - for me! Hah.

Anyway the movie lived up to it's expectations and the shitty 'review', if you can call it that, simply doesn't do it justice! Of course urging you guys to see it is pointless because 1) It's a War movie and 2) It's nearly ended it's run at The Picturehouse.

No comments: