Saturday, November 11, 2006

When I was younger, like all kids, I used to watch cartoons on Kids Central (or channel 12 as it was called that time). I remember submitting some weird ass drawing for the hippo and friends(?) show. It was some weird Singapore produced show with this furry purple hippo. Blah.

Anyway of all the cartoons I used to watch, the shows that were most significant to me, were also the hardest to find, and by that defintion, I mean online.

For instance I just went throughout the entire Wikipedia animated page and could not find the other show that I wanted.

The one I was was called Starla and the Jewel Riders! Aha, after how many years of hopeless recalling I finally got the name! MUAHAHAHA. I used to remember watching this when I was about 6 years old. I loved it! I imagined I was Starla or something and go off on quests with my PINK heart stone. I used to love pink till I was P2 or something.

The next one is more tragic, simply because I can't find it and can't remember the name either. All I remember was the show's main character. He was this super suave (ah faint faint faint!) guy, and by suave I mean totally mysterious. He was seemed like some detective of some sort and wore a trench coat. He hardly spoke, had either dark red or brown hair. And the weirdest thing was that he kept doing good things, then running away because some detective was chasing him. Every single episode ended with him running away the the dectective guy (chasing him) saying "Damn you xxx!" or something to that effect.

I think he was my first crush! Also around the 1996 time period. What I remember about the show was that it seemed to be made by some European animation studio. It's obviously not made by the mainstream studios or I would have found it by now. I seem to remember it being French for some reason :/

FAH! I hate not being able to remember things.

No comments: