Saturday, November 10, 2007

5 Things That Happened to Me in 2000
1. I went to Korea with my grandparents, my mama's friend and her children. I was the youngest there at 10, the 'children' in question were 20+ and weird as hell (remember this comes from a 10 year olds perspective) and by that I mean plain flaky, not even nice golden brown baked flaky.

2. I had one of my first crushes on a boy I met there, his name was Jerome and he lived in Sengkang. We exchanged addresses, but I lost his and he never contacted me afterwards. For some reason he'd wriggle away from his group of friends and family and come follow me around instead with my grandparents. He was 12 and used to sound like an old man telling me about his 'streaming exam' experiences since I was due for the same exam soon

3. I got sent to the EM2 stream, and I remember not really caring what stream I went to, except that I didn't want EM1 because I heard it had more Chinese. Brrrr, scary.

4. I was the teacher's pet. I used to sit in front of MrsDavid's desk and be made monitor every time she popped out of class. Sitting in front of her also meant that I got to peep at stuff she confiscated, even this salacious story of naked mermaid lesbians that a particular someone in class had written.

5. I started listening to music around this time, my dad got me a discman when I was P3. I remember telling Mansheel that my favourite bands/singers were The Corrs, Eminem, N'sync and Backstreet Boys. Oh my.

adapted from a Learning to Love You More assignment since I wasn't even a fetus in 1984.

No comments: