Thursday, November 29, 2007

Alright I will finally get around to posting a far more safe and ethically correct Ice Cream Flavours post now rather than a post in which I relate the most I have ever lied in my life before - and got away with it. Till WTY remembers what I said and correlates it with the CAS logs*.

Like I would tell the man the only reason I refused to reply his e-mails and pretend I was away (which I told him in advance about) was because I was depressed and couldn't deal with his bitching for EE.

-----

Unfortunately I completely lack the style to describe the flavours that the Alchemist posses. So favoured ice cream flavours here we go!

In no order at all:
1. Pineapple Tart - I've never actually tasted it, just heard a lot about it - but it reminds me of a happier time long past.
2. Vanilla - It's the only flavour my mother ever eats. When I was younger I went through a vanilla phrase as well, but I soon realised inferior vanilla ice cream tastes like absolute shit. It has to be the premium stuff or nothing else. Strangely enough it also reminds me of someone, why I don't know.
3. Teh Tarik - The only flavour I ever eat from Island Creamery! It's real life counterpart is one thing I will sorely miss if I ever leave Singapore.
4. Quintessential Chocolate - Oh how I love love love! But too much makes me feel sick and queasy inside. The best is the Turkish version (available at Anatolia Restaurant at Far East Plaza!) where they do a little performance as well. The ice creamy is sticky and gooey and not too sweet.
5. Dublin Mudslide - Only one place does it, and it's the only thing I eat there. Really rich, impossible to eat without a glass of cold water to accompany it.
6. Vanilla (Japanese) - In Ise I tried this really nice soft ice cream. I had seen advertisements around and finally decided to try it. It was about 400 yen, really nice, had a special taste to it. It wasn't overly creamy and still retained it's soft ice cream like texture. I thought I saw it selling in Isetan during some Japanese food fest, but that one had too many ice crystals.
7. Lychee Sherbet - There used to be this gelato place in Holland V which was tucked in a corner and sold relatively cheap ices. It died - no surprise. But the lychee was nice, tasted exactly as the syrup does from canned lychees.
8. Mango Ice Cream - I bought it because 1) I like mangoes 2) It's bright colour reminded me of play-doh. Exceptionally sweet, not much of a natural taste though.

-----

*no I'm not cheating for CAS. Don't be daft.

No comments: