Thursday, April 08, 2010

The last stir fry I had was in Strasbourg and it was surprisingly yummy. Om nom nom.

So apparently I've started revision today - starting with my favourite monarch (maybe, I can't decide if that thought came to my mind in earnest or sarcastically), Charles V.

I went to the gym today and it was a nice short stroll. As I walked outside Gordon Square park, a black London cab passed me with two men in suits inside. My first thought was 'oh no, Patrick Bateman!'. I think I'll either watch American Psycho soon, or Psycho. Zoe is back anyway, ohoho. Though of course I doubt she'll be much help if a raging crazy psychopath comes and tries to drink my blood.

I cooked Waterzooi the other day, with Hardeep. It was all a very silly affair and we were giggling like shit because I was quite lost and didn't buy all the ingredients (it was expensive!!!) and he came and helped me. We stole butter from the fridge and salt and pepper (because I couldn't find mine). Plus I had to use leek in the ingredients, and I didn't even know what it looked like just hours before (I had to read all the labels in the supermarket) and when I chopped it up it was based on a wild guess about which the important bits were. I realised I even forgot to peel the carrots before throwing them in, hahaha.

It could have been an unequivocal disaster, but somehow, it turned into some awesome stew. Well, it wasn't quite Waterzooi, but it was creamy and nice, and ohmahgawd the leeks were awesome (so I did put in the proper bits). I think I am in love with leeks. It's got that onioney feel to it without being overpowering like the way onions are.

For tonight I'll attempt random stir fry. I remember buying garlic last Nov because I was a good girlfriend who wanted to cook Ba Ku Teh for her ex's birthday and ended up with left over (okay I so need to stop being bitter), so hopefully uh they're still edible and cookable. Fingers crossed again.

It seems I have my fingers crossed often, especially when it comes to cooking.

No comments: