Monday, May 31, 2010

Lunar Sea

Yet another week has passed and the exams have begun, and I am left to wonder how the hell I spent a week doing nothing really remarkable (that comes to mind instantly), more out of a vague idea that I'm letting my life slip by than any notions of ohmahgawd-I-need-more-time-to-study. I am so sick of this exams, I feel like slitting my throat. Morbid notions aside, I shall attempt a brief recall:-

Sunday
Had lunch with Dexter at gbk, a very nice fat juicy burger with pesto. Went to Joy and bought a very cute birthday card and went shopping in New Look for an hour. Went over and had dinner with Christoph. (Damn was this just last week? It feels months ago).

Monday & Tuesday
I cannot recall anything at all. I went to the gym on either one of these days, and had a splitting headahe that incapacitated me the rest of the day (I think Tuesday). Probably finished reading one of my books this day, and watched Gundam Seed. I also briefly recall going to Tesco in E&C to cook Chicken Breasts stuffed with Pesto and wandering into the 99p Shop to buy chocolate. Had another headache afterwards, that made me feel really sick. Watched an episode of Criminal Minds I think, Probably nothing exciting happened, since I barely remember the existence of these two days and really had to struggle to remember anything at all.

Wednesday
Did work until about 2pm, then I headed to Oxford Circus for shopping. Gawd, Oxford Circus was insanely crowded. Bought shit, especially two pairs of sandals for New Look which I was particularly excited about (hah my intellect is so regressing this round of exams). Took the 453, which was excruciatingly long and crowded from Oxford Circus all the way to Rodney Place and dumped my stuff before heading to Lidl with Christoph. Watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Thursday
Did not do anything distinctive, except counsel 3 people which really frustrated me. Was also hungry from a really bad Passfield dinner, so I got Zoe to buy me a kebab since she was out attending a concert. Kebab was good kebab.

Friday
Went to the NHS, missed my appointment, waited 30 minutes more while fearing being late for my meeting with Jia. The lady doctor (who was kind of cool), refused meanwhile, to prescribe me anything for anxiety and I had to beg for sleeping pills and stronger painkillers for my everyday-hours-long-headaches.

Ran to the tube, took it to South Kensington to find that Jia was not there (was 30 minutes late anyway) and that she was sick with food poisoning. I went in to V&A and attempted to see the exhibit, but no! All tickets sold out for today. This was the last straw after feeling really stressed out and frustrated from yesterday, a wasted trip, no exhibit, no friend, and a 30 minute tube ride - so I started freaking out in front of some random Islamic pottery from the 17th century. It was not pretty.

I took the tube to Goodge and had tea with Jia + a trip to Oxfam after. I calmed down, and walked back eating apricots. I got whistled at by some construction workers who also wanted some apricots, thinking they were crisps. I laughed and heard a confused "but they're orange aye?" trailing as I walked off.

Then I came back to Passfield, talking to Nadia about EH101 during which I started panicking again with her telling me to slow down because I was talking too fast for her to understand. I came back to my room, and freaked out again, this time to Zoe. I calmed down after freaking out twice in one day and managed to do my work.

Around the evening I went to Euston to get my prescription filled. They were out of my painkillers, so they gave me a receipt to collect it when they came in. I obtained a less strong dosage to tide me over temporarily.

I did work, met Christoph, then spent 1 hour debating some silly EH101 macroeconomic problem (nice Gold Standard rules of the game) with him. Gave up, then emailed the two lecturers in charge. Took my sleeping pills.

Oh, I also did my laundry somehow amidst all of this mess.

Saturday
Had dinner with Zoe at ICCO, went to Tesco Metro and bought Raspberry and Apple Juice for 90p.

Sunday
Went to Euston to buy Subway for Michele and me, and encountered some odd protest by teenagers in Hoodies about being discriminated against. Wandered into Boots, bought a nail buffer and wandered into WHS Smith and bought a token trashy female magazine and a Sudoku book.

Buffed my fingernails and toenails, painted them, watched two episodes of criminal minds and completed two sudoku puzzles. Spent like 20 minutes scanning in Nadia's EH101 notes, about 2 hours max editing GV101 work, read a commentary on Plato, and spent the day zoned out and on some stoned plane of reality.

Shouted out the window at 2am at drunken louts screaming outside the window. I was about to sleep and reading the trashy magazine, when I heard them. They woke up Michele which really pissed me off, so I shouted "shut up assholes!" out the window. Then, I couldn't sleep for a bit because I needed to get rid of the adrenaline rush. I need to verbally abuse people more often.

Monday
Had lunch with Stephanie and went to Tesco to buy food. Did more readings on Plato, browsed through Nadia's EH101 stuff on ICT and Latin America. Handwashed red dress which turned the water completely red (thank goodness I handwashed it), and did one sudoku puzzle so far.

-----

Okay, I hope this headache goes away soon, I want to finish Latin America, hopefully before dinner.

No comments: