Monday, February 28, 2011

Karl V

After a night of sleeplessness, punctuated by the various wails from the sounds of the night, I awoke to a gloomy rainy London day. Just as I wanted to start studying for my mock exam around 1pm, I felt my brain fail on me. I could barely think, yet I was not sleepy. I was just tired.

Somehow, around 2:30pm, I felt my second wind coming. As I started to type away at my notes, I felt myself grow calmer as the panic started to recede (helps that I find Charles V such a fascinating character). Then, Modern Man by the Arcade Fire came on and I was filled with an immense sense of exhilaration that I am where I am, not necessarily living a perfect life, but in possession of all the things that one needs to live a life. I thought of Christoph, and I thought of us, and I felt refreshed.

No comments: