Friday, February 25, 2011

Settler Aggression

This is ridiculous. I think I am less recovered from last week than I am ready to acknowledge. On the BBC website, I saw a picture of cricket fans stuffed into queues attempting to buy tickets for the cricket world cup. When I saw the picture, I instantly felt very sad because 1) they're passionate enough about something to suffer just to buy those tickets and 2) some of them might be disappointed because there aren't enough tickets available. 1) is because I haven't felt lively enough in ages, and that's what I was reminded of when I saw the queues, but 2) really strikes a chord because it's like I can almost feel the disappointment of not being able to get what you've really want, and worked so hard to achieve.

The last time a photograph had such an impact on my feelings, it was when I saw this picture from the Gaza Strip:


I will eat a banana, and then attempt to sleep again.

No comments: