Thursday, June 30, 2011

48 Hours

It's been about 48 hours since I started feeling really sick, and although the symptoms are abating, I still feel pretty terrible. I've spent a good portion of the past 48 hours lying about in bed, sleeping at odd times and generally feeling sick and dizzy if I'm awake. Though, that being said, I'm not sure how much of it is due to jetlag and how much of it is exactly due to the flu.

I have finished reading Diary of a Nobody, which was a good and short amusing read. Perfect for sick people, with its humour and nicely cut pieces of information (diary entries, after all). Motivated by my visit to Russia, I bought a book of Pushkin's stories (the Russians use a hard /P/ in pronouncing his name, a long sound with pursed lips - something I found highly fascinating) from Foyle's. Perhaps I shall start that book next.

It stormed like mad today, with such grey clouds that it blotted out the sun's existence entirely. Haven't seen it rain like that in ages.

No comments: