Monday, June 06, 2011

Portions for Foxes

Today as I walked back from Chancery Lane tube, after having sent off/help drag Zoe's luggage to the station, I felt a strange sense of lightness. As Zoe was packing up the last remnants of her possessions in her room earlier, I sat there watching her while eating what very well could've been my last Daddy Donkey burrito, and musing about how everything had changed from the day we had moved in last Sept 2010. Life, as we knew it, had taken some very strange turns, bringing around with it strange bouts of lowness and self-realisation. This year we took such a different course from all expectations. We made new friends, drifted away from old ones, dug deep into ourselves and found new things.

I chased a slow walking pigeon on the way back home. It was fat and merely waddled away, unfazed by this crazy Chinese girl flapping her arms at it.

Last night was probably the peak of this self realisation. I had earlier contacted a exchange student who was a classmate, telling him how much I had appreciated him, but lacked the guts to say so during term time. I had concluded that since I'd never see him again - why not? Instead I ended up spending a memorable night with him, laughing away and talking about all manner of things random and in common. It was there in that moment spent with him that I realised how deep my love for Christoph was, and that the idea of love setting you free was but a myth. But all the same here I was, with this person that I thought I'd never know, solely due to the ever changing mystery of life - that damnit life is worth living because I want to see where it'll take me. I want to live, and see where my journey ends up.

No comments: