Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Broccoli

Tomorrow it's Zoe's last exam, and I have successfully fed her on the night of her every exam (save once when she cooked for both of us, as we had the same HY234 exam). In the meanwhile, I have two more exams to go, incidentally both government modules. Today I reached home at about 7pm and managed to finish cooking by 7:30pm. I was impressed with how fast it took, and how tasty it was.

I made fish from some frozen fillets, cooked it in butter with lemon juice and some dill. Then I chopped up a zucchini and dumped it into a pot of almost-instant lemon and garlic couscous from Waitrose (the best tasting couscous I've had, I swear). For vegetables, I steamed up a large bowl of broccoli and cauliflower. It wasn't by far the most impressive meal I've made, but definitely one of the fastest for the amount of effort and time taken. Perhaps I'll keep it in mind when the next exam season rolls around and I need a square meal.  

In the meanwhile I've been cooking a lot, all things considered. Yesterday I made chicken soup at Flat 8 (Shu, Jean and Hui Min's place), on Sunday I made roast chicken with a rather interesting marinade of mango and peri peri from Marks and Spencer (note: please don't try this marinade). Before that on Tuesday last week I made Cielo and Zoe a meal of chicken adobo, rice and some random veg that I can't seem to remember anymore. Other than that, I can barely remember any other meals I've eaten. It seems that especially within this exam period, it either being the rather marathon like length of the exams or the drugs I'm taking, the days are really melting into each other, and I find it hard and harder to tell my days apart from each other.

In other news, I am almost done with watching Season 9 of Law and Order: Criminal Intent. I am really such a sucker for police shows. Perhaps I should just go back home and join the police force, since I'm so aimless in life anyway.

No comments: