Friday, May 06, 2011

Total Eclipse

As I was walking toward Sedap today to have dinner with a bunch of people, with only two that I know vaguely, I mused about the last time I experienced such an incident. It was more than a year ago, when I put on my Extroverted, Amusing and Charming face. It was the 14th March 2010, the day where I met Christoph at someone's birthday party. Dinner was at a Mexican place, and the food fell all over my plate as I tried to eat it. I sat next to Christoph, with him on my right. When we stood up at the end of the meal, I was amazed at how tall he was.

At the bus stop we spoke en route to the bar. He spoke about coming from a small town, how he liked forests and abhorred the city. I told him about the Soy Sauce story, and how my grandmother broke the news to my grandfather that my Aunt was marrying her American boyfriend. At the bar we spoke some more, drinks were two for one. He 'bought' me a drink, I 'bought' him one in return. I ordered Sex on the Beach, the girly fruity cocktail I always like. We spoke some more. He joked about having multiple girlfriends. At the end of the night, he left without getting my number and I was disappointed. When we finally did get together, I asked him about that. He said it was because he thought I wasn't into him. We laughed about it.

We got together, we fell in love. We spent the Summer apart. We had fights. We went on holiday. I met his Mum. I fell in love with her. I met his sister. I was scared of her. I met his Dad, he was a dear old man. We came back. We spoke about children, moving in and our future. We had the fight. We went our separate ways, strangers again, dead to each other.

I thought about that night as I walked to Sedap, trying to put on my Extroverted, Amusing and Charming mask again. Perhaps it would be a bad night, perhaps it might be a good night, but nonetheless it would be a night of untold possibilites.

No comments: