Friday, May 13, 2011

C Prompt

I saw C today for the first time in weeks. I was originally fearful of running into him as I was afraid of how I'd react, what it'd do to me.

Last night I had a dream that occurred in present time. In the dream he came back to me, said what a fool he was, and that we would stay together for the rest of out lives - something we had talked about before. He picked me up and hugged me, and my legs dangled in the air, 40 centimetres of difference in height between the both of us. After that I dreamt of eating barbecued chicken wings with my father. They had freshly squeezed lime juice on them. We were inexplicably in an in Singapore airport, and I was about to depart for somewhere. There was a hawker centre in the airport terminal, a legitimate open air and dodgy hygiene sort of hawker centre. That was where we ate the chicken wings together. I woke up hungry, and to reality.

Today when I saw him, I felt my heart clench tightly. I felt my body go into flight mode. I backed up a little, and took the left most door out of the library instead of the centre one I was about to take. He wore his red jumper, and was talking to someone I didn't recognise. He didn't see me. He never did because he said I was too short and he was too tall, and that I (and 85% of the population) never appeared easily in his field of vision. He didn't see me today.

1 comment:

Suresh Rengasamy said...

Hey, never worry for the things we lost. If we are destined to own it, we 'll get that back, one day, for sure. The same applies for human relations too. If you deserve C, he will be back to you. Else, you will meet someone who deserves you!!!