Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cherub

Today as I walked along the snaking queue for a Daddy Donkey Burrito (chicken, fresh salsa, no extras), a man slowed down as he got close to me. I heard him say the word "cherub" to me, and I was puzzled for a while as he walked off without breaking his stride. I could have sworn he said the word "cherub", but that didn't make any sense. Perhaps he meant to say "cheer up" instead? That certainly made more sense, for in the morning I suffered from extreme academic inertia. The thought of exams on Thursday, and me being unable to focus certainly dragged my mood down.

For a while after I got back, the only way I could study was to skype with Hadi and ask him to watch me as I studied, making sure I didn't get distracted -______- After a while, I had to leave to buy groceries (for I had promised to cook a nice warm meal for Zoe before her first exam) and met Jia at Sainsbury. Then we walked back, made stew and Elliot came over halfway. Dinner was spent with Jia, Zoe and Elliot.

I have done barely any work today, and it's making me feel antsy. Oh dear, exams!

2 comments:

HapticFever said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chic Gucci shirts said...

nice post!