Monday, May 16, 2011

Waterloo

Showing my complete lack of focus and dedication to exams (a trope repeated in previous years with Adam's Apple and Indigenes in 2006), I went to see A Screaming Man at the BFI today. Digressing a little, I recall now that Indigenes was also the first movie I watched alone. Anyway it revolved around the relationship between a man and his son and the civil war unfolding in Chad. The end is predictably, sad, as with all realistic movies. As the ending unfolded however, my thoughts drifted along a rather surprising person, specifically C. When the movie ended I felt a deep pang in my heart, not for the pain of the characters that I had just witnesses on screen, but because I missed C dearly.

As I walked up from the riverside to Waterloo bridge to catch the 341 home, I encountered a female panhandler with a black dog sitting at the steps. I gave her 40p. 341 came within 5 minutes, and as I rode it, I counted every 168 bus that we passed. There were 2.