Thursday, June 30, 2011

La Paloma

As promised to myself, I have attempted to start playing the guitar again after 8 years of inactivity. I have a very bad knack of starting things and never finishing them. This time however I promised myself I'll pick up at least ONE song on the guitar, and I'd have to be a song I actually like as opposed to something merely easy to play. Tonight after looking hopelessly at gchat for an unnecessarily prolonged period of time and thinking about what a silly bird I am, and will always be, I decided to start trying to re-familiarise myself with the chords. Long story short, there was much giggling at the ridiculous sounds I produced, and lots of WTF-ing at the chords which seemed to demand far longer fingers than I possessed.

On another bizarre note, I just accidentally kicked my desk with my foot, prompting the phone on the table to somehow resettle itself in its charging port. It made a beep, startling me after I went "ow".

No comments: