Thursday, August 24, 2006

I was in the library yesterday with Karmy and Hannah, waiting for the O level orals to start, when I chanced upon the '97 yearbook. Because I had lost my yearbook for that year, well, years ago, I went to look inside and try to find myself, then I recieved a big shock when I saw the girl standing in front of me in the picture - someone I thought I had never heard about till I went to secondary school!

Intrigued I went to look at the name list at the bottom of the picture and found a whole bunch of names that I currently recognised, but could not recall ever knowing till I had grown older, along with those who I completely could not remember at all.

People like Celestine, Jacinth, Dawn Loi and many others - I didn't even remember them at all! Some like Shu Wen, Nicole, Karmy, I all remembered. Other like a mysterious 'Yvonne Lee' and a 'Yeo Yun Jing', I don't even recall such a person ever existing! The little I remembered of Pri 1 was being sent out of class, everyday, all the time. I used to make the most amount of noise and always got sent out of class, why, I can't say I remember!

Anyway that was more than 9 years ago, and if I didn't recall such a person it obviously meant that they never meant much to me anyway or did anything significant at that time. Still nowadays when I pass by my ex-pri school classmates, especially the ones I remember from P5-6, I can't help but wonder if they remember me at all, or even my name!

Worse still when you share a class with other girls. Obviously they know you exist and you know they exist, yet there's this aura of awkwardness when you pass by them on the corridors and you and her are both by yourself - or is it just me that feels this? Instead you and her both pretend that the other doesn't exist, they you don't know them at all. Sadder still when you pass by someone that used to be a friend, but drifted away so much that you two just 'ignore' each other (though this has never quite happened to me, but to other girls, my friends either left MGS after PSLE or still wave to me).

Anyway yes, enough weird pseudo-philosophical musing for now - I have a Lit exam tomorrow! ACK.

No comments: