Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Okay I just heard I Write Sins, Not Tragedies, again. I am so bloody sick of that song! Now I understand why Angeline and Stephanie get pissed off when something goes mainstream. It's like, all of a sudden you have 10,000,000 people talking about Brandon Urie (I couldn't remember his name last time anyway, to be fair, all I remembered was that it sounded like urea) and saying how they lurrrve Panic!/*insert former indie band* and how they're "sure I'll love whatever other songs they have, because I totally love their music". That was an actual quote from someone, try guessing who.

Anyway point being: I am annoyed! I mean I'm no superultimatefantastic fan of Panic! but damn. I sure do get annoyed when people who ordinarily would not have been listening to Panic! start listening to it because it's on the American top who-knows-what chart. If it was playing in a CD store with no MTV coverage, I'm pretty sure most people who heard it would think they were weird and not listen to their music, but hey! Suddenly listening to Panic! is totally cool and totally in!

And for the record I started listening to them before I even heard they went mainstream (like you couldn't figure that out), because the title 'Lying is the Most Fun a Girl can have Without Taking her Clothes Off' piqued my curiosity.

Anyway I Write Sins, Not Tragedies isn't their best song in my opinion. So there.

No comments: