Saturday, February 17, 2007

For most of today I have been wondering about in a fog of thought, trigged off by various factors. Since then I have come to the conclusion that we're really all just searching for happiness in one way or another, whether we consciously recognise it or not.

Often we don't even know what it is that makes us happy. Sometimes we don't know what we want at all, wandering about in the quagmire of reality. All we know is that we're searching for something, and we're hopelessly lost.

In the midst of my oddly reflective mood today I watched The Prestige with my father. Either way you break it down, both men were searching for something that would make them happy, regardless of the cost.

As for me today, I don't think my Chinese New Year will be an overtly happy one, for I feel that I myself need to do a lot of searching within for what it is I really want from life, what it is that will make me feel happy and complete rather than blindly working my way through life, unsure of what it is I truly want.

On another note: I want to watch Running with Scissors,
Paris, je t'aime, Notes on a Scandal, Half Nelson (which Stephanie watched!) and Babel, of which 3 of them are M18 -_____________-

No comments: