Friday, February 16, 2007

Yesterday morning I was on the MRT train to work when at Tiong Bahru, this seemingly mentally disturbed man boarded the train. He carried a single use train pass in his hand and held a few two dollars bills. Initially I guessed he was mentally disturbed because of his weird twitching actions, and as I continued to watch him (he was standing in front of me in the train) he started to have odd gestures and started talking to the air next to him O.O

Lots of other people were 'watching' him too in the 'I'm-not-being-kay-poh-but-he's-in-my-line-of-sight' way, so I wasn't the only one. However as I was watching him I felt a little sad and pitied the man, he reminded me a lot of Ryan. I wondered if he was lost, but remembered he had the presence of mind and enough thought to buy a ticket for the train, and had some money on his person, obviously he was headed somewhere. It started me thinking I had to either tattoo or have some sort of chain attached to him with contact details and so on in the event he got lost.

Around Tanjong Pagar, the man the started arguing with his imaginary friend and ran to the carriage on the left to 'fight' more, before heading back to the carriage I was in. Then it was Raffles Place and I had to alight, leaving the man behind to argue with his friend.

No comments: