Sunday, June 15, 2008




A consequence of using the old desktop computer again is that I have once more been reunited with my old 'My Recieved Files' folder. There I found some old bits of rubbish that people have sent to me over the years (well okay, emphasis on 2 people who sent me that sort of rubbish) - in addition to reminding me how much things have changed since 2005. Do I miss the old times? Yes, I do. I miss all the innocence, the feeling of the present which felt like no other. The feeling of being in love for the first time in my life, of a future that I thought I saw. Now 3 years later I can only look back with a wry smile for everything that has changed and been forever impossibly altered. But such is the unpredictability of life. So it goes.
On the upside, I have videos of other rubbish too. Ohohoho.
/end reminiscience (this stuff should be left for my still undone autobiography in one day)
(and yes, that is John Tay snoozing in the middle picture)
-----
I bought more books again yesterday! Even though my shopping was limited to Sunny Bookshop - I still managed to walk away with a title by a Japanese author.
Kazuo Ishiguro - The Remains of the Day
Erich Maria Remarque - Arch of Triumph (I am a sucker his books because of All's Quiet on the Western Front)
Zadie Smith - The Book of Other People (Cheryl was reading this during the 3rd Student Council Elections)
Jonathan Spence - Mao (LOL!)
Meanwhile, I have just finished Freakonomics. I really recommend it, even if you have no interest in Economics whatsoever (like me). It's highly accessible and enlightening while also managing to be entertaining.

No comments: