Sunday, February 03, 2013

The Quiet American

Today, I finished reading Graham Greene's The Quiet American. I must say it's quite a nice read, and I liked Greene's writing style. It was very understated and not over-flowingly flowery. It was simple and straight to the point. Plus the characters were interesting, in that they were all shades of grey. I liked the setting too, of a pre-American invasion Vietnam. All in all, it was a good read. Before that I read Jamrach's Menagerie, which I didn't quite enjoy. It was too Life of Pi - but with more suffering and cannibalism. I'm not a fan of reading about people suffering :/
On Friday morning, I went to the gym for my first training sessions. As I wobbled about down the stairs of the gym upon leaving, I felt like my thighs were made of jelly, unsteady on my feet. After about an hour though, the feeling went away and I felt fine the rest of the day. Saturday however I woke up and my thighs were aching, as expecting. Today however, I woke up, and somehow the aching got worse. I didn't even think that was possible :/ 
It's been about 4 and half months since I've started working for M/s L, and on Tuesday, Week 20 begins for me. Oho.

No comments: