Friday, July 29, 2005

Mmm, going to make this quick since I want to start typing out notes for the next History test (besides the treaty of versailles, what else is it on?) as opposed to doing notes the day before the test and typing like a man(wo)man.

Bio: We dissected a goat's heart today (: So fun. Hehehehe. At first it stank real bad and I felt a little sick when Mrs Lee was showing us the procedure especially when she kept sliding her finger up and down the various valves and poking at the umm, weird white stuff in the chambers (I forgot suddenly >.<)

It didn't help that across the airwell we could hear B2 (stupid bimbos >.<) screaming with every poke at the goat's heart.

Anyway, I dissected the heart with Eleanor, Chessa and Celestine. Chessa and Eleanor watched while Celestine held the heart and I had the dubious honor of cutting the sections of the heart up.

Snip snip snip. Ooops, that looks wrong. Snip snip snip. Hey that looks cool! *someone pokes the heart* snip snip snip. Hey look, I can stuff my finger up this! And look, I can make the heart beat *Celestine grabs the heart and starts squeezing it*

On and on the inane conversations and noises went from out bench. How fun. Well, it didn't get fun till we were actually finished with the heart (which we cheated a little and pretended to identify parts because we wanted to do more interesting stuff with the heart). The heart was pretty much in 4 equal chunks because of the cutting I had done earlier and so we each grabbed a nice chunk and set about desecrating it.

I used the sissors I had in my hand to snip by bit 'o heart into tiny dog food size chunks, Chessa set about cutting the fat off her bit, Eleanor cut shapes from her heart and Celestine ever the depraved humorist stuck her finger up a tendon (or was it a valve?) and used the chunk of heart as a 'finger puppet! say hi!'

Other groups cut their heart into small chunks (bigger than mine though) and dumped it into the basin and pretended that they were making soup.

'I've never seen a class of girls all mutilating their hearts collectively! You girls had better not use the chemicals on it' - Mrs Lee

Which of course made me want to dumb some dilute Nitric Acid (so sads, not strong acids for us) on the heart but I decided to to finish snipping up the heart and then forgot about it afterwards.

How fun (:

No comments: