Sunday, March 19, 2006

Hello, even though I'm not in the best of spirits today I shall still blog about the weird wedding dinner I attended last night.

My chinese homework is barely done, sigh, I just kept procrastinating till well, today, the last day of the hols. On the upside (if there is one) this year I was non-subject selective, ie: I still have other undone homework that's not chinese. I hope the chinese blue book test isn't tomorrow, else I'm a little more than dead.

Anyway last night my parents and I attended a wedding of one of my cousins. Even now, I still don't know her name. All I know is that she's short. Very short. 1.4-5m short. And her husband is short too, maybe they'll have short kids. Anyway if you're not familiar with my family, this means she's on my mom's side since i barely know a thing about her.

The dinner was at the Neptune @ Shenton Way (your parents probably know about it) and I was wearing my contacts, so my eyesight was a little off as usual. When we entered the ballroom (and it was pretty huge, bigger than the Island Ballroom @ Shangri-la and it had 2 levels) there was a stage and to my shock there were a bunch of girls prancing around on stage.

The girls then proceeded to strip down to their bikinis (though not further than that, wasn't clear when I sent out those 5 smses) and dance around seductively. Among the girls there was also this man and he was balding. HAHAHA. They were all caucasions, which made it even more shocking. My dad said they were all from Russia.

Some of the dances were really quite retarded, especially the one the guy did alone in some weird purple chest baring monstrosity with purple feather wings adhered to the back of his coat. It was super weird and with my bad eyesight, it was like I was hallucinating.

The show was kind of nice and entertaining and I watched it with a 'Oh my goodness this is so unreal' expression. The show itself however begrets the question:

What the hell was my cousin and her husband thinking when they got a weird carabet show as a prelude to their wedding dinner?

Anyway after the show ended some weird emcee came on. The only problem is i'm not sure was it a he, or a she. No kidding.

It has a low voice and wore baggy clothing and short, spikey hair. But It also had boobs. I say it's a guy, only my mum agrees with me. My dad, uncle and aunt all say it's a female. Anyway IT couldn't speak proper mandarin or english and started talking in hokkien, which I didn't understand. Joy.

One of my uncles was also very high, my dad said it was because of the red wine he was drinking.

One thing I found damn annoying was how all my relatives (the adults since I chose to sit with them and not at the 'youngsters' table) watched me eat. No shit. They'd watch me eat, like I was some fascinating creature, I guess it's because they didn't expect me to put so much away, thought I'd meekly nibble at a gram of chicken or something, not eat 3 fat slices of breast meat (they didn't want it anyway, no one likes the breast meat except Steph, one of my aunt's on my dad's side and me).

Dinner started at 9PM and we reached home at 11PM. I was so exhausted I decided not to use the com and ended up going to sleep at 12-ish. Sigh, better go do some geog/chinese now.

No comments: