Saturday, March 25, 2006

MGS Asian Games 2006!

Man. B3 got completed flattened. It's not 'ohh we lost a few games' but 'holy shit we got run over by a steamroller' flattened. Anyway most of us had fun, that's all that counts.

I played the first game of floorball vs B2. I don't know why but I got so tired about 5 mins into the game, usually I can play for up to 15 mins (or more, not sure) in my usual position (defending) in a HALF COURT (should be more stressful right?) and I really felt ill :S I think the black class t-shirt (which was thick too) didn't help very much.

* (see above entry)

I was resting after the game when Shabana called me to become a game offical (ie: referee) for Badminton. I told her (and Mrs. Elaine Chan who I reported to) that I didn't know the rules at all, the little I knew was from watching Susilo play last year on TV but they both said it was alright.


When I went to the reporting area, a set was already in session and the girl there (name omitted on account of blur-ness) was also clueless about the scoring system. Even now I'm not sure if Qatar (B1) should have won that set against Malaysia (A1). After that set Elizabeth from Japan (B4) came along and replaced the other girl and Liz knew the rules and I managed to remember the rules I learned from TV. All I can say is, man o man, those scholars PWN when it comes to Badminton.

I had forgotten that we had to play against A2 and I went mad for a while as I tried to find the class 7 mins before the match (the joy of being a sports admin) and the match went alright. I didn't play initially and ran in to sub for Eleanor who had to go play bench ball. Even playing for those 7 mins made me feel so drained. Sigh.

A2 won, which was kind of expected. But they were nice opponents (: (unlike B2 who scored when the girl fell down and I abandoned the game with a few others to go check up on her)

In the finals it was B2 VS A2, you can probably guess who I was supporting. B2 won.

But I must say, I was impressed when I heard that B2's flag (Afghanistan) was hand made, not bought, plus the white design looked pretty clear to me.

Anyway today was also the day of the parent teacher meeting. My mum came back with alot of things to say.
a) Mrs Raymond Ong is very interesting (Everyone loves Raymond Ong!)
b) Mrs Ong was very slow (what's new?)
c) My mum had a joint meeting (for Raymond Ong) with Steph's dad and ^&*($'s dad - he left halfway, LOL
d) My mum went to the WRONG Mrs Lim for geog. She had been directed to Mrs YY Lim, but YY Lim wasn't there. Thank goodness. She thought NAT Lim didn't teach me anymore.
e) My mum thinks LAO SHI is super amusing, they were laughing over those LAO HU crap I used to write
f) ELEE (bio) said I was lazy, the only negative comment. Hahaha.
g) I failed my vectors test by 2 marks, Miss Ho (HOHOHO! Merry Christmas) showed my test to my mother. She also said I should pass Math if I keep hacking away at it (:
h) My mum ended up talking to Miss Bong about stuff other than my academics
i) My mum finally knows that History and SS is more than writing down random facts (: (RONG and the mahaRAJah showed her the LORMS nonsense)

Tomorrow's my birthday but I can't say I feel very excited. Oh well. Last day of being 15 and I shall spend it reading the yellow chinese book. Have a nice weekend (:

No comments: