Sunday, September 03, 2006

Last night after I did the relatively short entry on yaoi (see previous entry), I continued to browse though all the yaoi doujinshi (fan-made manga) that wonderful ebay had to offer. The more frequent pairings were shinnxathrun, kiraxathrun, kiraxmu, shinnxkira, with the occasional yzakxdearka, and kiraxeveryone. I know that most of you guys have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about, especially the irony of some of the pairings.

Anyway one thing struck me the most about the yaoi doujinshi was that the cover pictures, were extremely laughable. Of course there are the usual Japanese oddities which make one go O.O and WTF?! It being the school holidays, I took the time to save some of the more interesting doujinshi covers…

Presenting the WTF?! covers:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Athrun the cat! I have no idea what it is about these weird pseudo-cat things that some people find horribly sexy and arousing. It. Just. Looks. Plain. Weird. Dude.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Now it's Shinn the cat. This one is naked too, with a bell around his throat. Fascinating. And I thought adults dressing up as babies in diapers was weird.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This one, on the other hand, is completely unexplainable. It's just weird on so many levels, hell it's even more surreal than Dali's melting clocks or Munch's The Scream. From two cats, Athrun appears to have evolved into a man, playing with his weird pet, Shinn, who lives in a dog house. What?!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This one is just well, strange. It can't quite beat the above covers, but is weird enough nonetheless. Athrun looks like the Dutch Lady brand milkmaid and is dressed up all girly. This reminds me of the Uncycopedia article I partially wrote: "joined by his androgynous sister who probably is a lesbian, Cagalli Yula Arthha her equally homosexual on-off boyfriend, Athrun Zala."
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
See above. Strange-r only because of added Yzak with a ponytail and Athrun in a wedding gown. They also both look exceedingly angry, probably with the person who drew them dressed in that fashion.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the last of the '?!?!?!' section, mainly because this cover takes the '?!?!?!' cake. This reminds me of some fetish called Vorarephilia, which I had stumbled upon one day unfortunately/strangely. Yum yum! Unidentified Earth Alliance person for my breakfast! I can't even rememeber the name of the eater, all I rememember is that he was one of those 'druggies' from Gundam SEED.

Now with the '?!?!?!' section done with, we move on to the 'It'd be a crime to not caption these covers' section.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the pairing that first alerted me to this whole yaoi Gundam doujinshi thing, Mu La Flaga (blonde guy) and Kira Yamato (brown hair). Mu, was the character that first got me hooked onto the Gundam series. In this cover, he looks like he's keeping a lookout for Capt. Murrue (who he's supposed to be in love with by the way, my favourite pairing!) and Kira just looks happy being... hugged.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This one I shall dub 'Caught in the Act!' Their drawn expressions are totally hilarious and you can almost imagine their girlfriends walking in on them canoodling about.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Everybody loves Kira! Feat. Kira, Yzak and Athrun, the latter two who looks like they'd love to savage Kira in the next panel of the comic.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
But of course, this one takes the cake. Absolutely. This one is more like 'Everyone wants to rape Kira'. Practically all the male characters in the Gundam series (minus Mu, I'm glad to add), are gathered around Kira in a mob, gazing lustfully at his er, bird. Athrun stands on the sidelines, looking a tad bit too jealous...

This one isn't quite so bad, in fact it's pretty artistic, if not a little emo-ey, judging by the poses of Mu (grrr!) and Kira.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

However it also contained an except of the manga inside...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Fascinating stuff indeed.

I have just one last image left, hopefully my Photobucket account does die on me on account of this rather photo heavy post. This one is quite sweet actually, the pairing of Flay Allster and Yzak Joule, imaging them if she didn't die in the first Bloody Valentine War.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Anyway that's it for a long long time. Happy Sept. Holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find these all extremely...ummmm...disturbing. But I agree some of them are absolutely hilarious. I kind of stumbled on this one cause I'm NOT an yaoi fan but none the less these are pretty funny.