Thursday, September 07, 2006

Yesterday I returned to school to practise for the Longest Day item. My gosh, it is DAMN hard - for me anyway.

I am a clumsy person, built all gawky with bones jutting out from every joint. I constantly stumble, fall down and walk into stationary objects. I am more built like some ballerina than a hip hop dancer with lots of 'jelly'. Anyway the point is, i suck, at hip hop dancing, which is exactly what the item b3 is putting up for the Longest Day. Joy.

Because I am bad at it, I had to practise multiple times just to get this particular step right and finally got it when Hannah (my sensei!) said "ah? just like hantak kaki (left foot, stomp right, stomp left)" then I finally got it. Thank yooooou Hannah!

Anyway when I got home after watching Monster House with Yihui, Charis and Jacinth (and after buying a cup of Dublin Mudslide ice cream! I love that flavour) I went to practise the dance steps and downloaded the song we're dancing to.

Now today, after practising a little bit more without stretching beforehand, I pulled a muscle. Wonderful. At least the muscle I pulled is one of those seldom utilised muscles - I think. It's the front muscle connecting my right arm to my shoulder. Jacinth on the other hand is "aching all over", I wonder how the other girls are faring...

No comments: