Thursday, January 04, 2007

I just had the most bewildering conversation with my maternal grandmother. She doesn't speak Mandarin or English and I don't speak Hokkien. It turned into a weird jabbering fest with me alternating between Mandarin and 'Tia Boh', learned from Miss Goh. In the end she muttered some words and put down the phone.

-----

Today was my first time in the Subordinate Courts. I spent the entire morning there with my cousin doing nothing while the Defendant considered settling out of court and in the end a trial was declared after lunch. I managed to explore the courtroom in the meantime, poking around here and there. The Defendant's lawyer's cross examination of the first witness was mind numbingly boring for the pure reason that the Defendant had no real case to fight. We ended around 4:00pm, adjourning for a later date. I probably won't be around then.

After work I went to visit my grandmother. She was still heavily sedated, but the surgery went off without a hitch. All that remains in the test results to determine if the growth removed is cancerous, and if she has cancer.

I feel very tired.

No comments: