Thursday, March 01, 2007

Just now Ian pointed out the inherent irony in the last few postings of mine. I quote him exactly "NIL NAI - last exile says:
goody two shoes who is treated by the sister harry never had (referring to the quiz)... isnt really good if she goes around looking at unsightly pictures of harry (referring to the nude pic)"

HAHAHAHAHA! I totally missed that.

Anyway I have been informed by him and Suat that the picture of him nude is a fake *shrugs*.

-----
Melodie W***
** Ming Teck Park

Singapore ******

27th February 2007

Yishun Junior College
3 Yishun Ring Road
Singapore 768675

Attn: To Whom It May Concern

WTIHDRAWAL FROM YISHUN JUNIOR COLLEGE

I am Melodie W*** *** *** and I have just graduated from Methodists Girls’ School having sat for my Cambridge Ordinary Levels Examination last year. During the Ministry of Education’s Provisionary Admissions Exercise, I was admitted to your institution.

I live in Bukit Timah and it is highly inconvenient for me to travel to Yishun Junior College. As I also had an internship offer, I decided to take it up instead of attending your school.

On the 29th of December 2006, Friday, I took a half day’s leave to go down to Yishun Junior College to withdraw from the school in the morning. I went to the General Office and was met by the receptionist, a middle aged Indian lady.

I told her that I was there to withdraw from Yishun Junior College and she handed me a form printed on an A4 white sheet of paper. She said it was for the school’s documentation. The form required me to fill out my name, address, and other types of information, including the reason why I wished to withdraw from Yishun Junior College, which I have stated above.

After filling out the form, I handed it to the receptionist who then said I had now withdrawn from the school and then wished me good luck for my Cambridge Ordinary Levels results.

Nothing about having to see the principal, or any other form was given to me except the aforementioned form.

Around 10th January 2007, I received a call from Yishun Junior College around 7:50pm. The woman on the line asked me why I had not attended school, to which my reply was that I had already withdrawn. Her response was to instead request me to go down to the school to talk to your good principal on the morning of 12th January 2007. I then replied that I had to work that day, and was not able to attend the meeting. She then ignored what I said and again requested my attendance. Repeatedly my protests fell on her deaf ears till she suddenly said “come down on Friday right? Okay!” and then proceeded to hang up on me.

I was incensed and went to call back the school but no one picked up the telephone. It was around 8:00pm.

The next day at around 10:00am I again called the school. No one picked up. I called again around 12:00pm and another woman picked up the phone. I told her that I was not available to meet the principal on the 12th January 2007 as requested, and she seemed confused. She then put me on hold to talk to her colleague before transferring my call to the teacher in charge. The phone kept ringing and no one picked up. Then the woman who had earlier answered the phone picked up and said the teacher was not at her desk, and she would help me inform her of my message.

Just as I thought the entire matter was closed, in early February I received a bill from Yishun Junior College regarding my school fees. They wanted to charge me around $50 for attending the school. As I was busy around that period, I was unable to reply.

However today my mother called up the school and I was suddenly informed that the proper procedure was to see the principal who was the only person who could accept my withdrawal form, yet when I had gone down to the school last year, I was not told by the receptionist of any such thing. The receptionist too denies accepting any form from me.

I find the entire experience to be rather unpleasant. It reflects poorly on your administration system and procedures in the school. I am sorely disappointed that a simple procedure such as a withdrawal would result in so much unnecessary aggravation and frustration. I do not agree to the charge of $50 and if your administration still does not register my having withdrawn from your school, please do the necessary now to ensure the same.

Yours faithfully,

Melodie W*** *** ***

cc. Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive
Singapore 138675

No comments: