Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Okay I currently have like the world's fattest Econs book (or somewhere near that region) sitting to the left of me, which I originally planned to started reading, but a certain Miss Low made me update early.

Today I went with her to buy shoes at Queensway Shopping Centre! In the end I brought her to the same shop where I got my shoes and she got hers at a slightly cheaper price (by about $2) because we told the guy that I had been there to buy the same pair on Sunday. As we left he said, "Tell your friends!" Hahaha.

We were at The Cathay to see if The History Boys was showing, which it was... at 7:something pm! As we turned to walk back towards the MRT station, Stephanie said she wanted to eat ice cream, so instead we headed to the interior of The Cathay for some Ben & Jerry ice cream! Hooray!

As usual Stephanie had trouble deciding which flavour she wanted to eat. The guy behind the counter gave her a small portion of Phish Food to try and asked what she wanted to try, or what kind of base she liked (chocolate, vanilla, etc), then I piped in and said, "She wants to try all the flavours!". LOL. Then the guy said "Okay, the store's pretty empty now, I don't mind".

He gave her a little bit of the Strawberry Cheesecake to try and talked to her about various flavours, and I got a vibe that he thought she was cute (hey I am good at detecting this stuff, just not when it concerns me). In the meantime my order got screwed up and he scooped two scoops of ice cream for me instead because he was too distracted or something -______-

In the end Stephanie had what I was having, Dublin Mudslide, except I had one scoop too many to deal with. Because I had been unexpectedly saddled with another scoop of ice cream, I wanted to sit down and eat it instead of walking and eating it, so we sat down outside the store. Then the guy behind the counter went to the band area and started to play his guitar and sing! He was really good O.O and sounded exactly like Jack Johnson. Stephanie said that she thought it was the original song playing till I told her the guy was playing and singing it. *edit*, according to Stephanie it was Jack Johnson's Better Together, followed by
Jason Mraz's Wordplay then John Meyer's Daughters the last one being Jack Johnson's Banana Pancakes. Hahaha!

While he was playing, I asked Stephanie if he was within her line of sight, and she said yes, so I laughed and she gave me this odd look. Then about a few minutes later she went "I looked at him and he was looking at me!" I told her he was serenading her :p

When we left, I looked at him and he was playing/singing with his eyes closed. I told Stephanie that he would suddenly open his eyes, realise we were gone and then the music would abruptly stop. True enough as we were halfway down the escalators, the music suddenly stopped, probably when Ice Cream Dude opened his eyes. HAHAHA!

So amusing! As an afterthought, maybe he purposely messed up my order so we would stick around or something and he could observe her more, ala 'her step, laugh, voice's ring'.

Afterwards we ended up at Cathay Cineleisure to watch The History Boys, which I found quite good, though the theme of homosexuality kind of escaped me as to it's purpose in the overall story. I wanted to watch Paris J'taime, but it was showing only at 7:something pm at Cineleisure :/

Anyway this is now my favourite quote! It's so true, hahaha.

Mrs. Lintott: And you, Rudge? How do you define history?
Rudge: Can I speak freely without being hit?
Mrs. Lintott: You have my protection.
Rudge: How do I define history?
Well it's just one fucking thing after another, isn't it?

No comments: