Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Attention! New 'virus' called MonaRonaDona
(or wtf, why me again?!)

I shut down Saoirse for once in a long time last night, and when I booted her again during Math, there was a little cream square at the bottom left of my desktop, with the words HI I AM MONA RONA DONA, I AM A VIRUS. Then it started waffling on about how it was created because people are unaware about Human Rights issues (what is this? Reverse psychological assassination of Amnesty International?!) and it was here to EXACT REVENGE ON THE WORLD (GB2 Death Note Kira).

Apparently this is a new virus that has popped up over the weekend and I still have no idea how I got it. The only information I have currently is from internet forums, especially the most helpful broadbandreports.com forum with discussions about the virus and how to remove it. Another thing mentioned on the forum is that the virus appears to be a ploy to make people download this software called UniGray to get the virus removed, but the software is apparently malicious in nature as well.

Anyway thank goodness I was in school, because Nic managed to fix it within 20 minutes. Still it was unpleasant having to worry about my laptop again because it's been barely a month+ since she got infected with the other malicious shit. I still can't get my Task Manager to work though. Shit.

No comments: