Saturday, March 01, 2008

Shit, this is absolutely one of the best, more devastating essay piece I have seen in a long time - on none other than 'rapes' which occur in university. It's an extremely long piece (ah Arts & Letters Daily, how I do love your long winded-ness) but worth it if you can be bothered to read it.*

In summary it says most of the 'rapes' that occur are nothing more than girls getting drunk and wasted, then throwing themselves on guys. The next morning, they wake up next to some smarmy guy and voila! Rape. My dad always talks about them in general (I don't want to begin to imagine what he got up to in Canada away from my Mama), which is why he really hates the idea of me even drinking a little I suppose. (I'm not of course, dismissing actual rape, I have a firm belief that all rapists and paedophiles ought to have the offending organ chemically castrated off.)

*I don't actually believe anyone who reads this blog is going to read it, but this is for my own memo and reference later I suppose.

No comments: