Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday (Today)
Walked into C3 - 04 today for Math Studies, and was greeted with the most realistic imitation of a garbage dump. The guys had the windows wide open and after complaining of the smell I propped the door open with a desk. After more complaints we migrated to the circular classroom follow by good old B3 - 09.

Then for PE we had the 2.4 run, and my timing was 30 seconds worse than my old Sec 4 timing -___- and my ankle was stiff real bad afterwards. Lex died, so Elliot and I sent him to the matron.

After school I changed into my clothes for the ink assignment, waited outside the staffroom for gazoinks with Mr Tan SL for Yihang to turn up. Got fed up, called him and Kaijun came instead, then we went to 6.7 to collect Mr Whang and then return to the staffroom for some odd, meaningless and not really funny rubbish. Afterwards I met Cielo and we went to Cold Storage Jelita and she bought a watermelon (wtf?!) and I uh, bought salted duck's eggs.

Sunday
Woke up at 4am, unable to breathe. Tried blowing my nose and nothing came out, instead those weird glands at the top were swollen till I couldn't breathe. Suspect it was the inhalation of the cigarette smoke from Adrian Pang's damned cigarettes. Went back to sleep breathing with my mouth.

Woke up at 12:30pm. OMG. Spent the rest of the day lumping around and baked a fail blueberry pie (because it collapsed). Didn't do any bloody work.

Saturday
Woke up early for YLS. Went to school not knowing where the hell is was and ended up following the mass of people there. Spent 1 hour 20 mins talking to JLC/other people because the damn guest of honours were late. The GOHs came, was boring as hell. That was slowly followed by the Q & A session, so Steph, Christabel and I escaped to the SAC where we found the council members and the buffet. Ohohoho.

We adjourned for lunch and a whole bunch of people headed for fun-o-rama, leaving a few of us behind to jaga their bags. JLC, Gen, Nicholas, Gerald, Cheryl, Elliot and I then headed for good old 6.9 to bum around for about 30 mins. There, we met Darren. JLC and Gerald started playing Little Fighter 2 on Gerald's com, and Gerald was the first to die (why the hell do I remember this).

My chamber was down to 2 people who were staying the entire duration of the summit (since I too had to leave early, damnit we were told it would end at 5pm previously) so we ended up combining with Cheryl's chamber. There I sat next to Steph and:
1) was really bored
2) brain dead from TOK
3) started typing 'Hurrrr' on Gen's laptop, and kept my finger on the 'r' key
4) Steph jumped in and started typing 'r' too, including lots of copy pasta.
5) Manage to find out the maximum number of pages Microsoft word supports (32,799)
6) saved the world's largest purely text Microsoft word file (100,000kb+) [damn Gen, I want those screenshots]
7) kept cracking up whenever I thought about it - so I started laughing uncontrollably at inappropriate moments
8) Cheryl started saying 5 'likes' in every sentence
9) I thought the VJC girl next to me was Sec 4. She was actually JC 2 (ERRRRR.)
10) was told that I 'like eating' by Louis Leong (eh wtf?!)

So we had like 5 extra snack packs left over, even after some of us took another one. I ended up carrying them and feeling really greedy :x

Then it was on to the LT for presentations. I sat next to Cheryl and Gen (who somehow later ended up next to Rajesh - I forgot who was next to him initially). We started off by playing bingo, then moving on to the ABC game with 'names of people in school' as the first theme. We played 'cartoons', 'musical instruments','drinks', 'fruits and vegetables' and 'districts in Singapore'. Very productive.

For the last two, Cheryl and I had some boys vs girls thing with Gen and Rajesh, but Jiayun who sat in front kept helping them. Later they even leaned back and got Torston and Baey's brother to help them -_________________- so Cheryl and I asked Christabel and Gwen (the VJC girl) for help. We were leading for both, but toward the end got stuck and resulted in one loss and one draw ):

Nic who was in the chamber playing Civ 4 below, got stopped from playing his game sometime between our various ABC games. We looked up see a powerpoint slide of 'WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I PLAY MY FUCKING GAME?!' and our chambers just died LOL-ing.

Then I headed back home to prepare for The Pillowman.

The theatre was really cold and the first scene reminded me of pyramid head :x Then the rest of the actors came out and OH GOD CIGARETTE SMOKE *cough hack cough*. Thank you lovely first row seats. I probably inhaled more smoke than I have in my entire life. I enjoyed the play and the best parts had to be when Katurian Katurian Katurian started retelling his stories and the projector would show animated comic panels on the walls. That and the disturbing scene when he recalled his twisted childhood mixed with the story 'the writer and the writer's brother'.

On the way home, I had sen mian! (I've not had it since I was in MGS, and boy do I miss it!)

Friday
TOK presentation. ZOMG stressful.

Practiced 3 times.

Was the last one to go -__________________-

JLC and Daryl said the presentation seemed quite alright, so hopefully I'll get an acceptable grade. A certain teacher acted like a prick though. He walked in and out during my presentation, and then during Q & A asked me something really off (because he had not heard my definitions of foreign intervention) and I was left to wtf. Luckily Daryl stopped him by pointing out (albeit later) that I had defined my terms as interference in the events of another country. Que 1 minute of silence as the examiners are rendered silent.

'Er, you can go now. Remember to fill in and hand in your forms'

-_______________________________________________________________-

Thank you Daryl

Thursday
Sought help from JLC and Daryl for TOK presentation.

So total tally of people I have gotten help from:
A Cashew Nut
Daryl
JLC
Nicholas
Samuel Cheam
Gen
Mai
Song Yeong (sat for my trial presentation)
Reverse Weeaboo

That list is roughly in order of importance (since not all factors can be ranked! Ohohoho.)

Stayed back with JLC, Chun Wui, Gerald, Joash, Elliot, Cielo, Song Yeong to do the presenation - ended up leaving school at 7:15pm. Whoooooosh.

-----

Damnit it's really late now, I should go (and blog about my birthday when I remember it...)

No comments: