Monday, March 24, 2008

I've decided that I should at least have a pointer on an interesting thing that has happened to me over the course of one day - so at least when my memory fails I can read this blog and feel like my life is less of a waste (or that 2008 was more interesting than the mass of examinations and tests it is gearing up to be)

-----

Monday (Today):
Horrible morning. I woke up to the realisation that I forgot to reset the minute portion of my clock, so I woke 25 minutes late. After rushing around, I was most displeased to find that for once in almost a month - the damned bus was earlier than usual. Hoo-bloody-ray.

Mr SS wasn't around for PE, so we had a trial shuttle run. Lex and Nic kept dropping the shuttle cocks, both only getting it right on the third try. Daryl and I ran 10 rounds around the gym for extra exercise and some asshat (initials: C.Y.) kept blocking my way so I kept shoving him/deliberately colliding into him to get him out of the bloody way.

Cheryl also called the fail sg.cafe guy today. I find it more amusing however that one of the new players in the game has absolutely no awareness that I was one of the primary players, and that I was the one who passed on his handphone number. And because I don't exist - I get to post this here ^_^

Sunday:
At Cold Storage in Cluny Court, I was wnadering around the miniscule fozen goods section when out of the corner of my eye I saw a middle aged Caucasian stide up to the chilled drinks singing 'AHHHH CARLSBERG!'. I looked at him and LOLed and he looked at me and smiled. He then wandered over to the wines (which was opposite the frozen goods aisle) and started talking about wines to me. He said that a $20 wine has no difference from a $40 wine - it's at the $40 mark that the taste changes. He selected a Matthew Lang wine for $19.95 (cabernet? I think), highly recommended it to me and the other random Caucasian lady walking down the aisle. She took a bottle, and so did he. As he walked up and down the aisle, our conversation moved on to how it was surprising that I had no boyfriend, how he had some younger friends to introduce me to if I wanted, and how being young was the best time to be in love.

Saturday:
At ICA (see post), had lunch with the grandmother at some pathetic buffet place in Takashimaya because Au Petit Salut was closed for a private function and she prompty forgot that there were other places to eat in Dempsey Hill (Oh well, so much for a Birthday lunch).

Friday:
Slept most of the day, and finished Grotesque into the wee hours of the night (actually 3:00am). Went to sleep thinking about prostitutes and sex.

Thursday:
Had TOK presentation, which was quite a disaster. Thank goodness only Gerald, Song Yeong, Mai and Sir Reverse Weeaboo were around to see it. The Indian lady didn't turn up for Biology so a few of us (Mary, Jeanette, Tessa, Charles, Chaya, Amanda) were talking about the impending student council voting.

No comments: