Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ironically enough, I just realised I'm listening to Make Trade Fears by Everything is Made in China now while reading my Econs IA article about The Times of India complaining that even in the absence of quotas, Chinese textile imports increased more last year than that of India's.*

*I apologise for a really long sentence that I have no idea how to shorten.

-----

I feel tired and mildly distressed again. I'm supposing it must be the dreary weather we had all day today.

The day was just looking a little bit up, by like 2 percentage points, when more shit happened -__- namely some asshat (better not have been deliberately, or I'll be REALLY upset) let his leaky ballpoint pen (thick viscous ink - all the better for me) leak on the lecture theatre armrest. This inconsiderate fool then failed to clean up the mess and it was still wet when I sat down.

It must have been when I was talking to Han An and leaned to my right (since I was at the end of the row) and leaned on the armrest at the same time. I didn't notice the stuff had wiped itself on my arm and when I turned back to the rest of the class on my left and moved about, the ink wiped off on my uniform -____- I didn't even notice till someone (Jim? Gen?) told me about it and I got a nasty shock.

I went to the bathroom and took off my blouse and tried to wash it with the available handsoap. For some reason the soap there stank. I was half wondering if it was like the poisonous soap that was in the guy's bathroom on level 1 which the guys were all complaining about. However unlike the guys, I still had to keep washing even with the stink (though unlike them afterwards, there was no discernible smell after I rinsed with water). After scrubbing and rinising for the fifth time, I gave up and wrung the blouse as best as I could. Stepping out of the bathroom however, I felt uncomfortably exposed in my sweater.

Pissed off and definitely more than mildly distressed, I walked back to the lecture theatre. Outside, I met Debbie and the rest of .14 going in and I told her about the ink mess. Luckily she had an extra t-shirt handy, so I returned to the bathroom to change into it. I still felt strange in the t-shirt (Love MGS, the one with the hearts and lightbulb motif) and the bit of yellow that poked up over the sweater made me think I was in some strange Crescent uniform. Surprisingly, no teacher asked me why I wasn't in uniform. One female teacher kept staring at me, but said nothing, then Kenneth Huang who was standing next to me and talking to TK also said nothing.

When I got home, I was not pleased to find that the bag I placed my uniform in wasn't waterproof. The water seeped into my pencil box (which used to be stained in many colours) and then the ink started to run again, into my Virgil book -____- If it was a normal book I wouldn't have minded so much, the colours actually looks pretty, but this was from the Great Loves series! Urgh. The ink in my uniform also refuses to come out even with bleach.

On another note today is 1 year + 1 day that I have been in ACSI. I would love to write some romanticised sentimental blog post about how wonderful this place it - but I've gone through some vague forms of hell here (and still am) and I'm not about to go delusional just yet. ALSO: I don't like things that are overly romanticised. If it's shit it's shit. If you're a bastard SAY YOU'RE A BLOODY BASTARD, don't say stuff like 'I think it ended well' and pretend I don't bloody exist anymore. Arjun, I wish you told me sooner.

And lastly, Life! on Sunday got one thing write, Page One at Vivo has simply one of the best informed help desks. The guy there found Freud for me, after I found Mansfield, so my entire collection is now complete. I felt kinda depressed seeing all the books there, so easily obtainable! And even more irritating was that they sold the box sets, which Kinokuniya and Borders didn't. Please please please open another Page One in Orchard, I beg you O Page One god, I will patronise you everytime I go to Orchard - Vivo is too out of the way ):

No comments: