Saturday, September 27, 2008

I just spent the last 24 hours+ with Cielo. It was fun and my nipples are still intact. So hooray! We went to lots of dodgy places last night, joined with pimpmeister Mong and reached back at my grandma's place at 1:45am~ish on 5N (first time we ever took a night bus!). We then settled down watch the extremely campy Strictly Ballroom before going to sleep around 4:45.

Today we had brunch at La Petite Cuisine, and we went to borrow The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and A la Folie Pas Du Tout (LOL I just realised we french-ed away our afternoon, bad imagery intended) for viewing. Afterwards we wandered over to Botanic Gardens to walk about before heading back to bathe and finally grab dinner at Holland Village.

Then I came back and watched the F1 qualifying round. Watching the racing however, I felt like an old woman. From the early 2000s till 2006, I used to follow F1 pretty religiously. That was of course the era where there was some dodgy free to air Singapore channel devoted to sports, and they showed all the F1 races. There were also free viewings from our oft rediculed neighbour (AT LEAST THEY SHOWED F1 ON TV!), albeit bad reception. Then in 2006-2007 they disappeared. No more free F1. Damnit. As a result, my dad and I stopped watching.

Now in this short 1 year+ of racing that has gone by, half the guys I used to remember are gone, replaced by new people like Kubica, Hiedfeld, Kovalainen and Vettel. Most prominently, the two Schumacher brothers are gone! Horrors. Some things still remain the same however, like Alonso being hairy like a dog and Button still sucking. Then there are new LOLs, like Force India for obvious reasons. As for me, I'm just glad I can finally watch a race after such a long period of time. Ferrari FTW!

No comments: