Thursday, September 04, 2008

When I first started taking the bus in secondary school, I used to be absolutely petrified of missing my bus stop. As the bus wound advance closer and closer to my usual stop, I'd sit upright, heart thundering away as I counted the remaining bus stops to mine. Today however, some 6 years after I first took the bus independently, I missed a stop.

This happened when I was on 156 and as it passed by Pine Grove, I started thinking about a good friend I used to have who stayed there. By the time I realised that my stop was next and pressed the bell, the bus zoomed by my appointed stop. Oh hooray. Now I was stuck in a fine predicament. I could either get off at the next stop and trudge to the main road, a walk that would take about 10 minutes, or I could brazen it out and stay on the bus till it got to Clementi. When the bus finally came to the next stop, I started acting like I didn't know who pressed the button. To my relief however, two people got off the bus.

At Clementi, just as I got out of the bus and looked across the road, I saw 14 and 166 simultaneously leave the bus stop. Joy joy joy. Finally another 14 came and I managed to make it to Wah Chee in one piece.

My next spot of bad luck came just as we were heading back from Wah Chee to school. It had just started to rain and I took my umbrella out of my bag. Problem was I couldn't actually open it. I ended up sturggling to open it as the others made comments like 'by the time you open the umbrella you're going to reach the shelter'. And sadly, that prediction came true. What a useless umbrella -______________-

Finally as I was clicking away on my mechanical pencil to extend the lead, it exploded. The top bit flew off, nevermind that it was securely fastened just moments before. This rendered my pencil utterly useless -__________- Mong and Jon Pang tried to help me search for my pencil top, but to no avail. Nyeh. It was a good pencil too.

-----

Today after the Librarian kicked us out of the Library, Gerald, JLC, Elliot, Mong, Jon Pang and I headed to C3-04 to do work. There I took out my skipping rope and skipped a bit, followed by Mong and Elliot trying to skip as well. It was a most amusing sight. I also ended up walking about where I found JC and Shao Xiong studying on the 4th level on a bench. Then I returned back to the classroom where I did more reading before heading to Botak Jones with Mong and JLC. After Botak Jones we headed to KFC to do some studying before JLC left at 9:30 and Mong and I finally left at 9:50.

Gosh, I can't wait for this lot to be over.

University apps are also looming over my head :x

No comments: