Thursday, October 29, 2009

Girls who get drunk and puke are extremely classy individuals

Last night I was on a boat for a party to celebrate (well that's what it seemed anyway) the demise of the Malaysian-Singapore Society in LSE. I was like the only Singaporean out of 10 there - which is kind of why the club failed to begin with because, I kid you not, no Singaporeans joined. So there I was rubbing it in their faces by being there, oho. To my surprise I met Tessa there too.

Last night I drank a bottle of Magners Cider and a double shot of Vodka. After the Vodka (which I was reluctant to drink) I went downstairs to stuff myself with potato wedges because I was afraid my stomach was a bit empty. I think I ate like 3-4 potatoes in that one sitting because I went crazy scarfing them down, trying to avoid getting drunk. See, I had the image of a happy then violent drunk female who embodied one-two-three-floor just last Saturday in Rufus' room. Now THAT, shall never happen to me. It's disgusting and degrading to see anyone that way. So anyway I ate a shitload of potato wedges. This backfired because I ate so much it soaked up ALL the alcohol and I didn't even feel buzzed.

The Boat Party was a success in that I enjoyed myself. I got to see Tower Bridge from the river, and the Thames Riverside all lit up. I got to have a fun night out with friends, dress up and feel pretty as opposed to the usual frumpy and actually enjoy myself dancing (because I figured I didn't give a shit about most of the people on the boat, so I became less inhibited). I also got to enjoy the nice weather on the open deck of the boat and watch some totally wasted girl flopping about in her heels at 10:00pm at night. It was schadenfreude at its best as I just happened to be at that spot where her friends brought her to puke over the side of the boat and turned around minutes later to see a sizeable crowd partaking in someone elses' misery.

The Boat Party was a failure in that it was hardly a party. When Dexter and I first hit the dance floor, there were like 5 people on it. Suddenly during one song I realised the dance floor was packed with people. Then I went out to get a breather a few moments later, came back and realise the dance floor was down to 5 people again. And then it proceeded to stay that way the rest of the night. I guess Asians don't party very much.

By 11:00pm, everything was over and we walked back to Passfield. However the night still didn't feel over and I wandered off to the Satander Building along Euston Road with Sheun to explore.

Then at night I couldn't sleep because once I lay down the alcohol in my blood sloshed to my brain. I wondered if it was because I was on a boat because it felt a little like I was being tossed around by waves. I ended up staying in the twilight zone of sleep and lucidity till about 6am, then I fell asleep proper and woke up coughing like an emphysemic chain smoker at 8am. I went back to sleep at 8am and woke up at 11am.

My life is so exciting.

No comments: