Sunday, July 31, 2011

Oh! The Places You'll Go!

This is the first night I've been home in what feels like ages. Somehow for someone who's not working, I seem to be spending a remarkable amount of time not-at-home and being busy. I had to seriously rack my brains just to recall all of this. Another wisdom tooth removal tomorrow D:

Sunday (31st July): Had a quick lunch at home before dashing out to meet Hidayah and Ianthe at Vivocity. Amazingly I took just 30 minutes to reach despite having to change both the bus and the train at least once. Eyed Red Army Cameras at Page One, despite the fact that I haven't touched my Diana in ages. Watched Winter's Bone with my parents at night, and a bit of Liang Po Po before I got fed up and switched it off.

Saturday (30th July): !nk gathering at Jia's place. Put too much salt in the zucchini almond I had brought. Arjun picked me up, and Steph sent me back home. Having friends who drive is excellent.

Friday (29th July): Had lunch with Arjun at Al-Ameen. Tried iced horlicks. Had my favourite butter chicken with garlic naan. We then wandered to Udder's and I had a green tea ice-cream. Went to Bukit Timah Plaza to buy groceries for the !nk potluck on Sat. Went home, showered, and left immediately to meet Nic at City Hall. The train was horrendously crowded, goodness. Finished reading Of Mice and Men on the way there, was quite blown away by how well it was written. Had a really salty Japanese soup at The Soup Spoon. Watched Mong's play, and had drinks with Mong at the KKK afterwards. Mong drove me home, driving at a scarily breakneck speed.

Thursday (28th July): Pottery class in the evening. Spent the day with my Dad, watching Wu Xia and then viewing Requiem, an exhibition at NAFA on war photography during the Vietnam War. Ran into my Dad's friend, and he joined us for the photography exhibition. Went shopping around Tanglin Mall and bought myself a mini Lego aeroplane kit. Decided to buy a pink Nanoblock pig kit for Jessica, as a gift. She hugged me in appreciation. Probably the least disastrous Pottery class thus far, with my coiling going well, guess I'm getting better.

Wednesday (27th July): Reached the office in the nick of time to catch Mr. Tan before he left for court. Spent an amusing time at court with the clients, remembering the old case. Got mistaken for an actual lawyer by another random lawyer, and had an entertaining time talking to him as I waited for the case to proceed. The case ended up getting settled out of court, for 34k. Had lunch with the client's at Furama. Spent the rest of the time hanging around the office, then following Mr. Tan as we went to Challenger to buy a portable hard disk. Ate popiah.

Tuesday (26th July): Had pottery class and spoke quite a bit to Jessica, a girl who's the same age as me, visiting from New Orleans. Promised to go for Thursday's class in order to see her one last time.

Monday (25th July): Celebrated Shu's birthday with the LSE people.

Sunday (24th July): Had brunch with Hadi and Cheam. Afterwards, I went swimming at my Uncle's place with my Mum, before the whole family gathered for a nice steamboat dinner. Played with my Uncle's new massage chair and spilled a wee bit of juice on it.

Saturday (23rd July): Spent the day at home, not doing very much in particular. HM dropped by for a wee bit.

Friday (22nd July): Movie marathon with Nic and Patrick. Had lunch first at Cedele, then watched Sandcastles (not worth the time) followed by Citizen Kane (lived up to it's reputation) and then Rocket Science (hipsterrrrr). Ended up walking around botanic gardens at night, using my handphone's puny flashlight for illumination.

Thursday (21st July): Visited my Uncle at the office, and found out about an old case I worked on in 2009 finally going for assessment of damages the next week. Had lunch with him at some bento place nearby. Went home and bummed.

Wednesday (20th July): Pottery, followed by pilates as usual. Painted my pottery pieces. Spent ages sanding down a badly done piece.

Tuesday (19th July): Went for Pottery in the afternoon. Visited my grandmother in the hospital at night. She checked out the next day.

Monday (18th July): Went to return costumes, took out stitches, bought Shu's gift. Visited my grandmother in the hospital.

Sunday (17th July): Watched Your Highness with Shu at night. Had a small supper/coffee time with her after in Coffee Club at Wheelock afterwards.

Saturday (16th July): Met Ianthe and Steph at North Bridge Road, to rent costumes. Ended up renting a silly quasi-Arwen costume in honour of the intended LOTR marathon Ianthe wanted to host. On the way there, I had a rather entertaining conversation with the taxi driver over chicken parts, HDB flats and studying overseas. Played some Call of Duty. Ate a delicious celebratory meal her brother, Ian, cooked. Watched 2/3 of the extended edition of The Fellowship of the Ring.

Friday (15th July): Met my grandmother in the morning, so that she could pick up a free luggage from a travel agency. Had lunch with her at Tampopo in Liang Court. While leaving the carpark, my grandma drove into a divider, knocking off a bit of the car. Watched Harry Potter at Shaw with Ianthe, Steph, JH, Liselle and another HM.

No comments: