Friday, August 31, 2007

31st August - Teacher's Day. In the morning after getting some really crappy nuclear waste looking pandan cake from one of the titbit stores, I followed Joash to the staff room and there I was kind of surprised when I saw literally no one giving gifts, save this lower sec Indian boy giving out cookie-looking stuff to teachers :x

I decided there and then I would just keep the chocolates my mother bought last night instead of giving them out to teachers since literally no one else was giving gifts! So surreal. At MGS around that time, the whole staff room and the outside would be literally flooded with students and there'd be hardly any place to move. The staff room would also be elaborately decorated according to some theme which would be the same as the president's challenge (last year was a mix, Ianthe was supposed to be futuristic and mine was retro). In comparison teacher's day is so much more dull here, though I must admit having half-naked, gold-painted boys act as Oscars was quite the raunchy touch.

Anyway Nic, Chun Wui and I had to leave the celebrations early to supposedly set up everything for the Teachers' Day lunch because we were supposed to DJ. The sound system there was )*$@&$^! and when I first used the mic to dedicate a song, the feedback was horrible and I had to go really far away just to speak and even then it went BOOMBOOMBOOM. Argh damn loud.

For most of the part I had a great time there, managed to play the songs Daryl asked me to play for the Sirs, and played I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts for Sir Reverse Weeaboo (and he enjoyed it immensely! [The insufferable ham, can't understand why people don't like him, he amuses me to no end.]) and Rasputin for WTY. After most of the teachers left, Nic and I had a go at the spread, and there were lots of leftovers. Then we headed home and my daily migraine started again.

No comments: