Sunday, August 26, 2007

Oh my. There are so many films out now that I really want to see!

It's irritating how there's hardly anything online about them at all. Grrr. IMDB fails when it comes to such films, but there has to be some entry about Glitter, the Mariah Carey overblown sappy music video masquerading as a movie. Pshaw. It's probably as bad as the upcoming Bratz the movie, how bad can a name get? It's like people overusing the derogatory word 'Bitch' till it loses it's original scathing meaning.

Okay I totally digress.

Anyway yes! First of, tonight Arts Central is showing House of Harmony! SHIT. So er, do work or watch movie. Damnit. Then next the lineup for the Sept holidays is most impressive, but why why why do the board of censors have to make Jesus Camp M18? Similarly, The Home Song Stories is M18 as well. Goodness, there's worse stuff available on the internet and you want to ban me from such a film?! Idiots. I've probably seem more sexually deviant stuff, thanks to trawling the dark deep pit that is the internet, than 90% of the world's population (or am I giving too nice an estimate?) and I can't watch a film? Grwargh. Nevermind, one way or another I am going to watch it HAH (er, provided I have enough free time from studying).

There's also Ghosts, which was a nightmare to google up thanks to the 1990 movie with Demi Moore of the same name about the Morecambe Bay incident in England and lastly The Willow Tree which is showing at The Picturehouse. So many movies, so little time ):

And beginning of the year, when I wanted to watch a movie, it was nothing but crap at the cinemas. The only good thing I remember watching was Sun Yat Fai Lok, which I watched as a dvd at home (well okay there was Harry Potter but that is so not a film and La Vie En Rose which I also missed because I was busy >.< Okay enough gushing about films!

Today after bringing Lauren to Bugis to shop, en route to City Hall, we stopped at Bras Bersah and I went off to dig through the bookstores, and boy was it frustrating trying to look for anything Japan-WWII related. There was literally nothing on the subject, save for the lone Rape of Nanking I saw, which I already had anyway. Believe me: I tried my best to search for anything for my EE. There are a ton and a half stuff about Nazi Germany, Communist Russia, Communist China, a little about Italy and everything else was literally zilch. Frustrating >.< Oh man House of Harmony is starting soon. Er. Okay hope Econs commentary is not due tomorrow.

No comments: