Friday, August 03, 2007

So today during recess I left school early to go to the Ob-Gynae because I'm 2 months pregnant* and I was keen to escape from Swimming PE.

Anyway no, I have some sort of infection, leave you to imagine/don't imagine where it is and 1) I wanted to see the doctor as soon as possible 2) I couldn't do PE and didn't have a plausible excuse so I managed to arrange for my dad to bring me and green formed after Econs. I had to return back for UG awards rehearsal anyway so it wasn't like I was skipping school so I could return home to slack moar.

My dad brought me to a clinic near school and the doctors there were two brothers. That's right: a dude rifled round my knickers - for less than 10 seconds anyway, and he just poked me once (there was a female nurse there helping me though). When I think about it, it seems strange, but honestly he must have seen more vagoos than I have seen in my entire life, looking at my own included, so surely there was nothing pervy about it. Basically he ran through things I had already found out myself online the previous night (the joys of internet self diagnosis!) and asked me a battery of questions. The one I found most interesting was, "Are you sexually active?", to which I replied "No" and then he leaned in closer and stared right into my eyes** "Have you had sexual intercourse before?", "No".

Afterwards I had lunch at the hawker centre there before going back to school.

At 2 I went for the awards thing with Patrick, Nic and Chun Wui and Asyikin and by horrendous luck, I got both of the Indonesian names. Nothing against Indonesians, but in South East Asia they have the most fantastically tonguetwistertwitter hard names (well the Chinese Indonesians anyway). Mai wasn't there so I had to take over for her reading, and when I was reading out the BB (her section) during the dry run, it was a disaster. Some students weren't there and as a result the names announced were wrong because the sequence was out of whack, and earlier some overeager students went out fast and I got lost. AHHHH. Like the prospect of screwing up in front of everyone (well my voice anyway since we get to hide behind the curtains) was not scary enough, I really did mess up :x

Freaking scary. Can't imagine Monday. I guess I'll have to practice during the weekend or something, since I can/am unduly nervous for something inconsequential to the rest of my life (unless I mess up real good and this becomes the stuff of legendary anecdotes).

So wooooo. This is quite literally one of the longest posts I've done in a long time. Have a great weekend!

*surely you can't be daft enough to believe that right?
** there's some saying that when you lie, you can't look at someone/you'll blink your eyes

-----

Anyway here's an interesting link: John Frum and the Cargo Cults. It's related a little to TOK, so give it a read. Pretty cool too (:

2 comments:

Amanda Lu said...

vulva infection?

Anonymous said...

Did you have this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacterial_vaginosis