Tuesday, February 19, 2008

123 Meme

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

-----

Truth be told, the book I'm reading now by Casanova doesn't even have 123 pages. It has 110. What makes it worse is that it wasn't even the closest book to me at the time I read Daryl's post - that was Allott's Biology for the IB Diploma Guide. (So that means I cheated twice! Oh no.)

So instead I'm using Charles D'Ambrosio's'
The Dead Fish Museum, of which I have read 2 of the short stories contained within (so I counts as something I'm still reading - right?).

-----

'
"I haven't had a period in two years."

She turned over one of the pamphlets.

Seeing the baby's inconsolable face reminded Kirsten of a song her foster mother used to sing, but while the melody remained, the lyrics were dead to her, because merely thinking of this mother meant collaborating in a lie and everything in it was somehow corrupted. Words to songs never returned to Kirsten readily - she had to think hard just to recall a Christmas carol.

"Little babies like that one," she said, "they'll scream all the time."'

-----

People I tag (er?): Nicholas, Kaijun, Suat, JLC.

I honestly have no idea who else read books and this blog as well >.<

No comments: